Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veteran's day

The American Red Cross, Mid-South Chapter publishes a booklet for use by veterans in Memphis and distributed by the VA Hospital. This is a picture of the front cover: 



On this Veteran's Day I am thinking about the men and women I meet on my rounds as a Chaplain Intern at the VA. I'm also thinking about the men and women who are experiencing homelessness.  Over the last couple of years, I've not been able to work with these wonderful people. Between my schedule and my health, it just hasn't been something I could do.  I do support both local and non-local organizations who provide food, shelter, clothing, showers and, most importantly, friendship and hospitality to those who are unsheltered and/or poor.  There are some great organizations here in Memphis and across the country.

If you do nothing else this year, find a way to support efforts to care for our brothers and sisters sleeping on the streets. 

We want to take this:


 And turn it into this:


Relationships are the key. Your support is needed. Your efforts are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment