Friday, November 21, 2014

Some Things I've made:

Hey folks!  I'm struggling with stuffy head and migraines today so I'm just gonna post some pics of some knitting I've done.  It's a reminder to me to pick up some of my old hobbies and get back to them. The feeling of accomplishment and relaxation I get is invaluable. I've forgotten this lesson too often.

**************************************

This first is part of a shawl I've been working on.  It's using a discontinued colorway yarn from KnitPicks.com 

Here's a close up detail of the pattern in a different color.  I completed this shawl and gave it away.



This is an entrelac beret. I made another in a blue colorway. Both of them have a new home.  I like this pattern and will probably make more.  I'm kinda in love with berets.


Here's another pattern that I really liked.  This one starts with a bias edge which you can see in the picture on the right.  After knitting the band, you pick up stitches evenly all the way around and then purl your little heart out over and over, interspersed with a knit stitch every so often.  That's what makes the teardrop pattern.  I'm not a big fan of purl stitches so I turned it inside out and knit my heart out with a few purl stitches thrown in.  I gave this beret away as well.  I've started another one but got sidetracked...(who hasn't?) <grin>



This little guy is an MS Bear. There is a symptom of MS called an MS Hug.  It's a tightening of the muscles around the abdomen and is quite uncomfortable and even painful, depending on the severity.  This little guy is marketed by the MS Society and proceeds are used help those with MS deal with the variety of MS symptoms that we experience. I got this one for myself as a reminder that there is support out there, even for those who are alone in their struggle.  The fancy scarf, however, is from some left over "yarn."  I was making fancy scarves for friends and had a bit left over so my MS Bear Hug got some ruffles. 


Have a great day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment