Saturday, February 28, 2015

50 Years

Approaching fifty
People say you’re still a baby
I don’t feel like a baby
I feel privileged to have made it this far
I feel all the struggles
I feel all the pain
I feel all the growing
I feel like a woman with accomplishments
I feel like a woman deserving respect
I feel like a woman who is acknowledging
Another year come and gone
I feel proud of who I have become
I feel proud of who I am becoming
I look forward to the future
I look backward to the past
Seeking the turning points
Seeking the defining moments
Seeking the little things
Seeking the big things
That move me to where I am
So please don’t dismiss my incredulity
Please don’t dismiss my feelings of age
Please don’t dismiss me as still a baby
Please just don’t dismiss me
Because I feel
And I seek
And I reflect
Help me remember
That time when
Joy overflowed
Sadness engulfed
We connected
We loved
We laughed
We cried
We Lived
Help me celebrate 50 years of life
Help me celebrate 50 years of love
Help me celebrate 50 years of feeling
Help me celebrate 50 years

No comments:

Post a Comment